Hospice Care: Philosophy of Comfort
Angels Grace Hospice & Palliative Care provides both at home and inpatient end-of-life care from a highly trained, experienced and compassionate staff. Patients receive end of life care in their private homes, nursing homes, long-term care facilities, assisted living facilities, memory care facilities, and hospitals. Each patient and family is unique, our staff is dedicated to the needs of our patients and families, wherever they call home.
Angels Grace Hospice & Palliative Care provides a full team approach to support patient and family needs. Our skilled team includes a dedicated staff of:
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurses (CHPN)
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs)
- Social workers
- Pet Therapists
Our experienced team works with your physicians and the family to focus on patient quality of life. Quality hospice care is more about living than dying, it is a philosophy of care to help patients and family caregivers focus on comfort and quality of life.
When to Begin Hospice Care Services
If you or your family are wondering when is the right time to seek hospice care, you may contact your primary care physician, your specialist, and our company.
The time is right to learn about hospice care, when a patient has a chronic or life limiting illness with a life expectancy of 6 months or less. In conjunction with your physician, the patient will be evaluated for appropriateness of hospice services, and to determine if there is a 6 month prognosis, should the illness run its normal course. Patients still see their primary care physician who stays active in their care while receiving hospice services.
It’s never too late to call and anyone can inquire about hospice services. It is best to have end of life care discussions with loved ones before the need for hospice to ensure their needs and wishes are met. People who call sooner can experience a higher quality of life and live longer with less pain. Patients that outlive 6 months can still get hospice care with a physician and hospice director recertifying your terminal illness.
Too often, patients and families delay consulting with their physician about end of life care and do not fully benefit from the hospice services and support provided. We often hear from family members that they wish they had called us sooner.
Angels Grace Hospice & Palliative Care helps patients and families to focus on comfort and quality of life. We understand the importance of giving patients the opportunity for quality time with friends and family. Do not wait to learn about the support that Angels Grace Hospice & Palliative Care can bring to your family during end of life stages.
Angels Grace Hospice & Palliative Care understands that exceptional end-of-life care can only occur when experienced, highly trained professionals are dedicated to listening to patients and their families. We provide hospice care focused on living, with expert management of pain and symptoms, compassionate and supporting care for the entire family.
Angels Grace Hospice & Palliative Care provides the following hospice services:
- Customized Care Plan
- Individualized hospice care plans are created by our interdisciplinary team, which include our Medical Director (certified in Hospice and Palliative), an RN Case Manager, Social Worker, Chaplain, and additional members of our team. The plan is also developed with your needs and desires in mind, and individualized to meet those needs.
- Expert Medical Care
- Personal care by Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurses (CHPN), Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs), Registered nurses (RNs), social workers, volunteers and a chaplain all trained in end of life care. We work with your physician to help manage symptoms and pain relief for the patient’s comfort.
- Prescriptions for Durable Medical Equipment
- Our experienced medical team provides recommendations and prescriptions for medical equipment to improve the patient’s comfort such as a hospital bed, shower assistance, a walker and more.
- Emergency Access
- 24/7 access to Angels Grace Hospice & Palliative Care’s care team is just a phone call away.
- Integrated Therapies
- Combined therapies may include reflexology and pet therapy.
- Companionship and Assistance with Daily Living
- Our nursing assistants provide help with activities of daily living including, feeding, grooming, dressing and any other personal care needs. Our staff provides a whole team approach to support the patient and family needs with the little things that make a difference. Our staff puts their heart into assisting every patient and family they meet.
- Bereavement Support
- Our bereavement team provides individualized grief support for friends and family up to 13 months after hospice care ends.
Angels Grace Hospice & Palliative Care helps patients to live every moment of life to the fullest with a staff dedicated to making a difference.
We employ an exceptional staff, dedicated to respecting the needs of patients and their families, customizing care to meet the patient’s specific needs, providing hospice care wherever you call home, depending on your individual circumstance.
Contact us to speak with a knowledgeable and compassionate staff member about inpatient hospice.